Friday, March 21, 2014

Film is Fun. Six Kids are More Fun | Eaton Ohio Photographer

Today was a wonderful Friday. We kept Edyn home, went and picked up Maria and sicky butt Thelma. It was so beautiful out today. We waited patiently for 3 o'clock to roll around so we could swing out to get Audrey from school and be home to catch the bus for Caliber and Brooklynn.

Everyone dispersed doing various children like activities while I poured over link after link looking into any medium format camera I might want to get a hold of. I started to realize that maybe I should work a little more with my Pentax before I take a leap into Medium Format. Ugh I swoon. Cameras are like shoes to me. 

Then we anxiously awaited the sunset (or at least not so high in the sky)....and by we, I mean I. I anxiously awaited the evening to creep in. I grabbed up the kids, the boo (Jared), my camera's, tripod, and gray card and we rolled out. Our destination - Union Hill Cemetery. I love the place. So peaceful and beautiful! But oh... not when you bring 6 rambunctious kids into it! Jared helped me wrangle and set up shots. I had fun. I hope the kids had fun... but I think Jared stressed a little bit. We have a very energetic collection of minions. Then he rolled his ankle on pavement :( Sorry boo! 

I shot two rolls of film. Kodak TriX400 and Tmax400. I love TriX, but I'm digging Tmax's grain. I can't wait to process these rolls!!!! My count is 4 rolls to be processed, 4 contact sheets to be developed, and one more roll in the camera. It's Ilford Delta 3200 and I have a fun idea for tomorrow. Indoor impromptu crazy bed head portraits. This is the life we live and the life we love :) Come Monday I'll be hella busy getting all of these rolls processed :)

But for now I leave you with : {square tree} [Kodak TMax 400]
Not a square tree - a square vignetted photo of a tree... duh.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home